August 30, 2016

The Lord is Leading

    Hey folks! Clearly, I am just not very keen about keeping up with this blog, but I wanted to take this time to share a little about what God is doing currently in my life. It amazes me how over the last few years, I had various plans and none of them came to fruition (at least not in the way I thought). I guess that's just how it goes with the Lord (Proverbs 16:9). Well, for many years it has been made apparent not only to me but also to others around me, that I would one day be in full-time ministry; it's where my desires and God's leading have been. The question that always came to my mind was "what will it be in?". Will it be overseas? In the States? Evangelizing? Counseling? With youth? In music? Lots of questions, but seemingly no answers. However, God has made it abundantly clear to me over the past year that He is leading me to serve in pastoral ministry. This decision did not come lightly, but in much prayer and counseling. After many years of people seeing it in me and the desire growing in my heart, I exclaimed to my pastor back in January that "I just can't get away from it". He said that's a good place to be and he confirms that he sees the Lord leading me there.
    To be completely honest, I'm both excited about how the Lord is gonna get me there and scared. I know pastoring a church is not for the faint-hearted and there will be days where I might feel like quitting. I know it goes far beyond preaching Sunday morning. I know I will experience people in their worst. Some will die. Some will reject Christ. And some will look at me as their enemy...but at the same time, some will come to faith in Christ! Some will be baptized! Godly couples will get married! Some will overcome sin in their lives! And I will get to see God do incredible things in peoples' lives, hands down!
    So, where am I going from here? Well, for starters, I'm going to prepare myself by studying, reading, and being involved in church ministry. Will I go to a Bible college? That remains to be seen because as of right now, God has been closing the door to school for me. For about another year, I plan to keep working full time where I work at the library. While there, I am learning to deal with all kinds of people and how to be a leader. I also get the opportunity to be a witness for the Lord! After that, the plan is for me to join my church staff full time where I would do various ministries. After that, it's only a matter of time to see where God leads me from there.
    I didn't want to be so secretive about this for long, so I felt it was time to make some kind of announcement on it. I desire your prayers as I prepare to go into the battlefield of ministry. There's a reason why Paul says to put on the full armor of God because our battle is not against flesh and blood, but against spiritual forces. There's a lot more I could say regarding what's on my mind, but this post would be ridiculously long! Thanks for reading and to God be the glory!

Zeth

No comments:

Post a Comment