June 07, 2012

I Could Not Think of an Appropriate Title for This Post, So This will Suffice

    I am truly amazed right now that we're halfway through 2012. It just seems to get busier for me as the months roll by. I guess that's okay though because I wouldn't want to be bored the entire time. Work, school, and friends keep me on my toes. The rain we've been having for the past few days has been relaxing, but its been pulling me away from schoolwork because it gets me thinking and praying and then nothing productive gets done (and I'm not saying prayer isn't productive, but you know what I mean). Even still, I trudge along and do the best I can with the time I'm given.

    Something has been really getting to me lately. It absolutely annoys and bothers me when Christians follow in the footsteps of the world, whether it's thinking like the world, speaking like the world, or engaging in the sinful activities of the world. They will use profanity, watch the raunchiest movies, tell the most perverted jokes, drink excessively, and even engage in premarital foreplay and/or sex. I have even seen my fair share of Christians get into dating relationships with non-Christians (which 2 Corinthians 6:14 clearly speaks against) and watched their lives slowly go downhill from there. And to think, all the while, these Christians go to church, never read any of the Bible on their own, and believe they are all right with God. In fact, they hate it when another believer confronts them about their sinful living, thinking the believer is judgmental or "too conservative". Does this kind of living fall in line with Scripture? Absolutely not. And it seems like fewer and fewer believers are doing anything about it, in other words, approaching the "Christian" individuals in question about their lifestyles. Something is clearly wrong and it needs to be put right. It is only by basing our beliefs on the source of truth (the Bible) that we can see with clarity what God intends for us. If we're not rooted in the Word, we will be uprooted and planted elsewhere.


    On the flipside of the sobering paragraph above, I have an opportunity to possibly go to Haiti for a week sometime in October or November. I would love to be a part of what God is doing in that region, especially in sharing the Gospel with the people there. Be praying for me as I prepare myself mentally and spiritually for this trip. God is good, all the time!

2 comments:

  1. Haiti sounds awesome!! I'll be praying! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're so right. In fact, sometimes i find it hard to confront others because their reaction is usually not one I want to here because they are satisfied with being lukewarm and don't want to change. I like your blog, it makes me give a look over my life and see what I can do to glorify God more and weed out what doesn't. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete