May 20, 2012

Life Goes on as God Works

    I think it has been exactly forever and one day since my last update, haha! As usual, I guess you could say I'm "living life". Although, I'm not too fond of that phrase, only because it sounds like a life that is without God and filled with my own ideas, desires, and pleasures. As much as my sinful nature desires that kind of life, that is NOT the life I want to live.

    My youngest sister finally graduated high school and it was such a blessing to be at the ceremony. Now my parents have no more kids to watch graduate...but marriage is still around the corner, haha! It's gonna be exciting to see where my sisters and I go from where we are right now. I believe God has much in store, but He is only revealing little by little as we step out in faith.

    This past Wednesday, I had a chance to talk with one of the volunteers at work that I have developed a good relationship with. Earlier that morning, I prayed to God that He would provide an opportunity for me to share the Gospel with somebody, or at least to talk to somebody about Him. As I was shelving books, this volunteer came up to me and said, "Do you know what somebody outside asked me? If I was interested in the Bible. But I said 'No, not today'." What better of an opportunity than that? So we started talking about God, Jesus, salvation, and the Gospel! He listened and was intrigued and never said anything bad against me or even God (which he had done to others in the past)! Please pray with me as I pray that this volunteer and I will get to talk some more. God is working!

    School is still going pretty well and I just submitted some more assignments this week. This also means that I am that much closer to finishing and that is starting to get the old brain working again. I have been doing lots of praying about where God wants me to serve Him. I desire to be in full-time ministry, but it's "where" and "how" that I can't figure out. I was pumped after talking with the volunteer on Wednesday and it made me want to expand my boundaries (perhaps geographically?). God continues to work on my heart as I delight in Him and trust in His ways and Word. To Him be the glory forever and ever!

"By this we know that we are in Him: the one who says he abides in Him ought himself to walk in the same manner as He walked." 1 John 2:5b-6

No comments:

Post a Comment