April 04, 2011

Craziness

So now I'm back on Facebook and surprisingly I haven't been on it as much as before! Maybe it's because I got used to not going on it the past week? I'd like to think so!

During that time I focused on my schoolwork (boy was it stressful!) and I spent a lot of my time praying and getting into God's Word. Although, I wasn't in the Word as much as I hoped, but at least I talked to God throughout every day :) Putting away a distraction like Facebook was pretty sweet! I'm thinking once summer comes around officially (basically when school's out), I might be off it some more and try to hang out in person with friends and family. I think that would be nice! But for now, some of my friends' only way of communication with me is through Facebook, so it makes it a kind of convenience at the moment.

This past week was pretty insane! Never had a tornado alert issued over the loudspeaker at the library! In fact, they said it was the first time they ever had to do that, so I felt honored and privileged to a part of it, lol! It was kinda scary though because the clouds were really black and I knew something was up, or coming down. Then we gathered everyone that was in the library into the hallways, away from all the windows, and just waited for the storm to pass. I then texted friends and family who were unaware of the situation and let them know to take cover. It was scary. But it all turned out well :) A side story though: there was a guy there who was still on the computer while we told everyone to get off and get into the hallway, so we told him that it's not a drill and he had to get off right now. He got all mad and then complied and went into the hallway where he started complaining about how ridiculous this was because he was in the middle of watching a movie. Are you serious? Kinda messed up if you ask me, but whatever :P

Yesterday (Sunday April 3), I read a book called "Go Ask Alice". It's the real diary of a girl who gets addicted to drugs and it is absolutely eye-opening! Considering I'm getting into youth ministry, I wanted to read it in order to get a grasp of the crazy things teens are into nowadays and to understand what goes on in the world. In fact, the girl who wrote the diary, lived in the 60s, so even then teens were into messed up things! I encourage anyone to read the book, but be forewarned: there are very disturbing situations talked about and some heavy language is used in some of the entries. And what makes it actually sad is that this diary is of a real person; the thoughts, feelings, emotions, and circumstances. It made it more real to me. A very powerful book indeed; definitely hard to swallow.

And right now, I'm hanging around with gauze in my mouth because I got my wisdom teeth pulled today. I was scared at first, but I trusted God and asked for peace, which I got (but it may have been the nitrous oxide or the anesthsia, lol). Either way, I wasn't nervous before I got the laughing gas, so definitely a God thing :) So far the bleeding hasn't stopped and it's been ten and a half hours, but it is getting better! The pain is no fun either. But at least I'm missing school this week and I can just chill for now. I'm actually putting together a Bible study for me and my friend, so I'm having a fun time putting it together and asking the Holy Spirit for guidance. It's amazing all the things you can learn from only 10 verses!! The Bible is absolutely amazing and I'm just psyched to be getting into it! God is amazing for sure and He always will be!

No comments:

Post a Comment