September 13, 2011

Where Will I Go From Here?

I think it's amazing how God not only works everything out for our good and His glory, but also how He reassures us when we're on the right track! Today the youth ministry at my church started an awesome Bible study/outreach ministry program called the Beautiful Feet Initiative. It's for middle-schoolers and high-schoolers that are interested in studying the Word of God and also getting a chance to share the Gospel with those who don't know Jesus. Not only that, but it also invites anyone who doesn't know Jesus to join and they can hear the Gospel as well! You see, when I started volunteering at church, I had no idea that I would get a chance to really work with teens and pre-teens already! I'm gonna be starting my Biblical education in a few months and I'm already getting hands-on experience in youth ministry! I think to myself, "if it really wasn't in God's plan to have me go into youth ministry, then why open all of these doors and opportunities?" It's almost like He's walking ahead of me and saying, "Here, Zeth! I opened another door for you!" I'm pretty sure that's how it's going too!

So, being that tonight was the first night of B.F.I., it seemed, to me anyway, that it was kind of a little out of control, but it was fun all the same! Middle-schoolers can be a challenge for sure, but I really enjoy working with them! I can't wait to see what God does with this ministry and where He will lead me from here! I'm amazed at how everything is unfolding one by one!

Earlier today I was thinking about my career path and what I would be doing as a youth pastor and man let me tell you, it's gonna be tough, but so worth it in the end! I honestly can't see myself doing anything else that is not directly ministry-related! It's cool that I'm already putting my foot through that door and even cooler that I can be the hands and feet of Jesus everywhere else as well! And the more I think of it, the more I realize that this life is about nobody else but Jesus and the Gospel! That's all. Why focus on anything else when I already have everything?

Daily I make the effort to constantly make Jesus everything in my life, not just an aspect or part of my life. Jesus is my life! I still fail at times and I might miss opportunities to show His love instead of just proclaiming it, but I ask for forgiveness when I fail and for strength to do it next time! Like the apostle Paul says in Philippians 3, I say "Brothers (and sisters), I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus."

No comments:

Post a Comment