September 10, 2011

So Much Time, So Many Problems, So Much God!

Wow, lately I've just been feeling so drained. Although, I can't really understand why because I've been getting to bed at the normal time, but I still wake up tired. In turn, it makes me feel unmotivated during the day, which is a feeling I hate :P

But among my "issues", I still live life. School is going by and it's not such a bad semester. Considering I was taking 5 classes and working 20 hours a week last semester, it's nice to have to only take 2 classes this semester! Granted, it's still tiring at times. Knowing that this is my final semester for my A.A. is a very encouraging and sobering thought! The only problem is that it gives me the mentality that "it's almost done" and I begin to slack a bit, which doesn't benefit me. Even though it feels like a big "problem" for me, I know that this semester is small compared to what God has in store for me!

Time flies. My goodness, does it! I was just discussing with a friend this week that 2 years has brought on a lot of changes. I'm blown away by all the marriages that have happened right before my eyes, especially seeing friends that I have known for many years get married. It's a weird thought, but man, it makes me really think about growing up. No matter how much we may not want to get old, it is inevitable and we have to conform to it eventually. I'm conforming more and more when life unfolds. Partly because I'm excited and partly because I give in to the inevitable. But truly, I can't wait to see what God has in store! He has blown me away in just the past two years, imagine what He will do in the next 10 years!

With every good thing that comes our way, there is always some bad things to accompany it; it's just up to us on how we take it. I, for one, do not want to sulk in my sorrows. The apostle Paul never did. In fact, God said to Paul in 2 Corinthians 12:9 that "My grace is sufficient for you, for My power is made perfect in weakness." Paul's response to that wasn't, "Crap! Come on, God! Seriously? Why can't Your power be made perfect in my strength and good times?" Paul's response was, "Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me. That is why, for Christ's sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions. For when I am weak, then I am strong." That is totally not my initial response! But I sure would love for it to be! I mean to think, God uses the weak times in our life over our best and strong times! And why is that? Because He is glorified when people see that we are not working on our own strength! And I want God to be glorified!

On the outside, I may look like I have it all together, but let me assure you, I don't. I am imperfect just like everyone else; I sin just like everyone else; I go through difficulties just everyone else; I am in need of Jesus just like everyone else. Right now I'm going through some difficulties that I sure hope glorifies God! I never did and still don't have an easy life, but I'd rather have difficulties and have Jesus by my side than have an easy life without Jesus! For those of you who read this, pray for me. I need a lot of strength to overcome a lot and I can only do that with Jesus and your prayers! And through all of this, I still say: God is good, all the time!

No comments:

Post a Comment