November 13, 2011

Ending One Chapter; Beginning Another

I can't wait for this semester to end! Only a month left and it feels like the speed got slower! It always seems to go that way of course. But either way, I got my big four-page paper for math class (yes, lame, I know) out of the way! That pretty much precedes the end of both my classes because it's not so bad from here on out.

Two weeks ago, I officially signed up and enrolled into my classes at Trinity! So far I got my books (all twelve of them!) coming in the mail and it just gets me more excited about starting! Granted, it is going to be a tough few years ahead of me, but I know that it is going to be so worth it in the end! It's not like I'm taking subjects that mean nothing to me (like algebra). I'll be taking classes that will truly prepare me for my career in youth ministry! I started going through some of my new books, at least the ones that came in the mail. It just made me realize how blessed I am to be going into this career path. God has amazingly provided a great college for me to get the necessary education and training! And it works perfectly for me! I get to keep my job and my car and I still can be involved in youth ministry at the same time! God is so good :)

Right now I'm trying to be a little more social. I'm not much of a social butterfly, but I realize that if I want to be a youth pastor, I really need to get out there and start talking to people. I gotta say, it hasn't been easy, but I think I'll get the hang of it in time. At least I had better!

For all of you reading this, I still desire your prayers for me. I wanna be sure that my heart, soul, strength, and mind is in love with our awesome God! And I wanna also be sure that I put that much effort in loving people as well! Even the people who are unlovable! It's super important. I also ask that you pray that I remain faithful to God's plan and will and that I faithfully step out as He guides and steers me. Pray also that I continue to get into the Word and not just read it, but also live it! I utter the same words as the apostle Paul, "Brothers, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus."-Philippians 3:13-14

No comments:

Post a Comment