August 29, 2011

So Exciting!

Hey all! Today is my birthday! I usually don't like bringing that up to people or even getting a bunch of attention because of it, but today (or at least this morning for sure) I've just been very thankful to God for so much! Not that I never thank Him on a regular basis (because I always do), but today is kinda special. Strangely enough, I turned 20, and I've never really been much of a person that likes getting older. It was always a depressing thought. Maybe it's maturity or maybe it's God working certain desires into my heart, but I think it is quite exciting to hit 20! I know that might sound crazy, but it's such a cool thought that God has abundantly blessed me with 20 years of life and right now, everything seems to be unfolding right in front of my eyes! Basically, God has taken His hand (since the beginning) and is guiding me along a road that requires me to have a lot of faith in what He's doing! Since I'm 20, it means I'm that much closer to getting my Bachelor's degree; I'm that much closer to getting into full-time ministry; I'm that much closer to getting married; and I'm that much closer to raising a family in the Lord! I know it means that I'm going to have to wait for a while, but I know it will be worth it, especially when it's in God's perfect timing!

You know what's neat? When I look at every aspect of my life, I can totally see how God is working all these little things together. He's got a plan and He only knows how to get there; He just requires that I trust Him and it will all work out! Easier said than done though. I've blown it a few times, but interestingly enough, He's given me second chances, sometimes even third chances, to try again and I've (with His strength) succeeded! Now I can see how it all works together! Granted, there are still many things He's working on in my life and there will be times that I'm gonna doubt. But with faith, trust, and perseverence, I know He'll guide me perfectly!

I'm just so thankful that through the years, God has really brought a lot of people into my life! Some have been for a season, others, hopefully for a lifetime! But each person has affected my life positively in one way or another and I'm grateful for them and God! I would not be the person I am right now without some of the people God has blessed me with! And at the right time in my life, God saw fit to bring the particular ones in! Looking back, I can see it as plain as day!

Growing up can be a scary thought for sure, but it can also be exciting! Especially if you know Jesus and are following Him! His hand is upon you and me and He will guide you in the way you should go, even if it doesn't make much sense! Until I got to where I am now, nothing really made sense, but now it does! So far, 20 years have gone by and God has been in the midst of it all! I see how good of a God He really is! Where will I be in the next 20 years? Only God knows and I can only faithfully wait, serve, and see where that will be! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment