March 30, 2012

In God's Hands

As I write this, it is 8:25 a.m. I'm sitting down with some coffee and God's Word next to me. I just finished reading some devotionals and memorizing Scripture (1 Corinthians 10:13 for today). This has been my routine for about three weeks now, give or take a few days. I get up every morning at 6:30 and pray to God, followed by reading His Word, and then I memorize some Scripture. It's not something that I feel like I have to do every morning. On the contrary, I want to do this every morning. I have truly been refreshed each morning by spending time with my Savior. For the longest time, I have neglected the absolute authority and power of the Scriptures, replacing any time that should have been spent in it with other stupid things that will eventually fade anyway. I have a rekindled love for the Word and I feel like Christians (especially in America) are losing appreciation for it day by day.

On Tuesday I decided to go to the beach and spend some time walking along the shores, just praying; being in a constant state of communication with the Lord. I thanked Him for so many things, even the seashore! And I talked to Him about my future, most especially, where I'll be ministering (if that's where God will place me) and if I should get married one day (if God desires that for my life). A part of me wants to get married, but I wouldn't want to settle down and raise a family; I would instead want to serve the Lord 100% with my wife. The other part of me doesn't want to have myself tied down to a commitment like that, period. I think of 1 Corinthians 7:32-35 regarding all of this. These are important issues that I know God has fully in His hands and, therefore, I try not to think about it. Isn't it great to know that God handles the big and small decisions in our lives if we surrender to His will? I think so!

Daily I am praying for God's guidance regarding ministry and He has been really working on my heart! The more I get in tune with Scripture and prayer, the more God has been speaking, for I have been opening my ears to His voice! Please continue to pray for me, that I continue to seek His will and not what I want to seek for myself. He is good!

1 comment:

  1. Beloved Servant of The God Almighty,Greetings to you in Jesus Our Lord.

    If it is God's will and if it is Pleases to you, Please send an E.mail to me so that I can Tell you about Our Ministries.

    csimray@gmail.com , this is my E.mail address

    In Him

    Your Brother in Christ Our Lord,

    ReplyDelete