February 13, 2011

The Best Valentine

Happy Valentine's Day Eve!

I've never really been much of a Valentine's Day kinda dude, but this year I think it's going to be pretty nice. No, I don't have an official "girlfriend" (like all "lovey-dovey" and such), which to me is quite heartbreaking. But you know what? I'm in the ultimate relationship ever! I'm in a relationship with Jesus!!!  How awesome is that?? My relationship with Christ is honestly better than any relationship I'll ever get into. And that's why I think this V-Day will not be so bad :) It gives me time to focus more on the One who loves me more than any girl ever could! And it's a relationship that I don't have to fear about ending! And quite honestly, for me personally, I believe dating can be highly distracting; taking my focus off of Christ. To me, it's important that I grow in Him first and foremost before getting a girlfriend. I haven't fully gotten out of the "idolizing" stage yet. And perhaps, one day, I will get married to a wonderful God-fearing and God-loving girl; a girl who loves Jesus so much, that she could never, under any circumstance, love me just as much or more; a girl that has the same vision in ministry as I do; a girl that will always love and care for me no matter what idiotic things I do; a girl that is willing to sacrifice anything and everything for the sake of the Gospel; a girl that desires to be more like Christ in everything she does; a girl that will encourage me whenever I am not feeling too great. Is that girl out there? I believe so. Have I already met her? Very possibly. Is she waiting for me and only me? I sure hope so. I know that God will bring her around in due time; I have nothing to worry about :)

I know a lot of single people who wish that they had a boyfriend/girlfriend to be their "valentine" this Valentine's Day, but are depressed that they don't. And if you feel this way, this is what I have to say: if you're a believer in Christ (that is, you have put your faith in Him and asked Him into your heart to be the LORD of your life), that's awesome!!! If you find yourself thinking all too much about getting a girlfriend/boyfriend and less about the relationship you already have with Jesus, you may want to grow more in your relationship with Him before you get involved in a relationship with someone else. Idolatry can consume you so badly that when everything falls apart, you are left more alone than ever..believe me, I've experienced on multiple occasions. And Satan desires for that to happen. Don't give him that foothold! And if you are not a believer in Christ, I highly encourage you to to get to know Jesus...today! For it is the day of salvation! Learn what it means to be saved. Learn what your purpose is in this life. Get into the Ultimate Relationship that can't and never will end no matter what! Don't you want to be with someone that will love and care for you despite the mistakes you make; someone that will not cheat on you; someone that will always be faithful to you and provide your every need; someone that you can TRULY depend on? Then get with Jesus! Seriously, you will NEVER regret the decision...ever!

May you all have a blessed Valentine's Day! Make it the day you grow ever so close to the Creator of the universe! Get into the Best Relationship Ever!!


"It does not do good to dwell on dreams and forget to live." -Albus Dumbledore

No comments:

Post a Comment