March 14, 2011

I'm Not Just Gonna Sit

   So I'm super excited about an awesome opportunity! In about a week or so, I'm gonna get to volunteer at Pathways Community Church discipling a middle-schooler(s)! This is how it all came about:

   Well lately (as you all know because I kept repeating myself, lol) I've been growing more and more passionate about Christ and youth ministry and I would like (and I believe God is calling me) to go into full-time youth ministry in the future. So I've been reading up on ministry and getting counsel about it and just getting the best knowledge that I can. I also have been thinking about going to a Bible college after I get my General AA at SPC and pursuing my AA in Biblical Studies. But all of that seems to be quite some time into the future and I didn't want to just sit there and wait (unless God wanted me to wait and He sure would let me know that) so I thought to myself, "I wonder if there is a way that I can somehow get involved in youth ministry right now; to get some hands-on experience, training, and to just serve in some way." I asked my youth pastor, Tim, if there was any need of volunteers in the ministry (to help disciple teens preferably) and indeed there is! So I got to meet with him today to get to know each other and to discuss ministry (and for me to sign papers, lol). I'm not sure what God is gonna do yet, but I know that if this isn't what He wants me to do, then He will close the door. But so far, it seems to be falling into place and quite frankly, it's kinda scary. Scary in the sense that it's a new thing and this is for real. It's kind of out of the planning process and getting into production now, which is totally different. Of course Satan comes in with attacks like making me doubt that I can handle this or feel like I'm not ready or "cut out" for it. I ignore these doubts and try to focus on God alone because I know that youth ministry is where I'm headed, I just want God's hand to be fully upon me and leading me to where I need to go. We'll see where this leads. And who knows, maybe this could be the start of the rest of my life; happening in a way I never thought possible! Only God and time will tell. In the meantime, I could use lots of prayer for strength, confidence, and complete faith and trust in the works of God, knowing He will supply me everything I need! I'm really excited and nervous, but I know it will be greatly rewarding in the end :)

No comments:

Post a Comment