June 11, 2011

Prayer

Isn't prayer amazing?? Just think: you can freely talk to the God of the universe; the God who created you and knows every single thing about you; the God who cares about every aspect of your life, large and small!! And you can talk to Him anywhere! As believers, I think we tend to forget about the power and amazingness of prayer. I never really realized how much of a part of my life prayer really was until I examined how much I pray! Seriously, I talk to God all day every day! Whatever task I'm in the middle of, I'm talking to God at the same time. I tell Him my struggles, fears, joys, frustrations, problems, etc. I talk to Him about, basically, everything! Not only do I vent, but I constantly ask for wisdom, guidance, and leading. I don't know where I would be if God hadn't led me!

Lately I've been praying pretty hard about a number of things that have been on my mind, even little things! And to know that God cares about all of it is a huge comfort to me! While meeting with the two middle schoolers recently, we went over the subject of prayer. And let me tell you, I learned a lot even though I was the one teaching! In fact, I don't like saying that I'm teaching because I seem to learn more than actually teach, lol! I discovered a lot of things about prayer that just amaze me! And knowing that God won't blab your secrets to everyone and that He will be by your side throughout anything and everything is mind-blowing! How many human beings can you say the same for?

In all things, I encourage you readers to pray! I just felt a need to write this :) Talk to God about whatever is on your mind and ask for His wisdom! He won't disappoint! You can't have a relationship without constant communication! :D

Philippians 4:6-7

No comments:

Post a Comment