August 25, 2011

I'm Not in Control. God Is!

I have a lot to do today, but I felt it wouldn't hurt to update you guys on what God has been doing the past few days!

God is good! You might hear that phrase all the time and not think much of it anymore. But have you really thought about it? How awesome it is to know that the Creator of the universe and the Creator of you, your heart, mind, dreams, aspirations, and spirit loves knowing you intimately and is intricately in control of your life! After hearing that, "God is good" seems like a phrase that just can't quite capture the true essence of who God is, which makes Him even more wonderful!!!

This past week, God has really shown me that He's got everything in His hands and that I shouldn't worry about whether I'll be provided for. The "Worry" passage in Matthew chapter 6 really rang true for me this week! As you all know, God has been leading me into youth ministry, but I just wasn't sure how I'd get there. I needed education and college was way out of my budget. I had found a free online Bible College, but it wouldn't meet my needs entirely. But God pulled through and opened a door to Trinity Seminary! The classes are online (which I needed so that I can keep my current job and still make money to afford "going" to this college) and they have a Bachelor's program in Youth Ministry! IT is super affordable because they have a deal going on until the end of this month! I had been praying long before about all this, so I knew this is where God had me headed! Well, long story short, I applied this week and was accepted!! Lord willing, I start classes in the Spring!

Granted, it is going to take a little more time to complete the degree than normal due to affordability. I have about 20 more classes to take (I got most the general requirements out of the way) and they have a "planned path" I can take. Basically, I can take 4 classes at a time and finish them in one year, instead of the typical 4 months! But of course, this will result in the process to get my Bachelor's degree to take 5 years or so :P I also have to get a second job too, but I trust that God will provide that in His timing! If He opens a door like this (the college), then I know He will provide me with the right job! It is truly amazing to see everything fall into place so perfectly! I just KNOW it is all God!!

I'm the kind of person where I love to hear other people's stories of God working in, around, and/or through their lives! I find it empowering and just reassuring that He's got it all in His hands! Yesterday I had that chance to hear how God is working in someone's life (my friend Sarah)! It was just the coolest thing to hear and, I don't know, I guess I'm just at a loss for words 'cause that's how God usually leaves me after He's done something too amazing for my finite mind to handle! Yesterday was too cool of a day and I got to see how God has His hand on ALL aspects of my life! I see many things in a whole different light because of the maturity He has developed in me over time! My priorities list has taken shape and is better listed now!

The word that God has instilled upon my heart recently has been "wait". I've blown the waiting game so many times, but He seems to give me other chances to make up for the previous mistakes. I've waited recently and God provided! Now He's asking me to wait again and I will listen because I see what happens if I wait! Sometimes He has us wait for a day, a month, a year, or maybe many years! Personally, I have many years to wait, but while I am waiting, I'm gonna enjoy the journey and see what amazing things He does and how He blesses me in the process!

God is totally in control!


Jeremiah 29:11- "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."

Isaiah 55:8,9- "For My thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways My ways," declares the LORD. "As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are My ways higher than your ways and My thoughts than your thoughts."

No comments:

Post a Comment