May 05, 2011

It's All Unfolding...

Isn't it weird how sometimes your life seems to unfold in front of you, yet at the same time it seems to fold up as well? Yeah, that's what it's like for me. Lots of new things going on, other things closing up. Quite honestly, I never really know where my life is going. I can speculate, guess, and dream, but it always has a way of working out in the end, one way or another. God, as always, has been doing some amazing things recently. The way things have been coming together boggles my mind and it makes me ask Him,"So, what are you up to? 'Cause I know it's not random."

Boy, oh boy! I am just getting older and older, I tell you! The responsibilities and the accomplishments seem to keep reminding me that I can't be young forever. That can be a depressing thought, yet it also can be exciting! I finally finished this school semester and somehow I passed all five of my classes! It sure was a tough year, but I got through and now I'm looking ahead to what's next on the "agenda". This semester was the reason why I barely updated this blog, that's how busy I was! But it sure feels great to look back and say, "Wow! I did all that work? What an accomplishment!" I only have three more classes until I acquire my AA degree, so now I'm trying to think of where to go from then on. There is so much on my mind and the last thing I want to do is drive myself crazy!

This past Tuesday I started the discipling with those two middle schoolers I mentioned! Honestly, it was a poorly put together Bible study, but at least I got acquointed with them. After it was over, I kinda felt discouraged. I felt like I didn't do a great job and that I didn't accomplish anything. But then again, I know it's God who really does the work and accomplishing and I'm merely the hollow vessel being used. I try to remember that it was the first day, I'm new to it, and Satan is gonna do whatever he can to discourage me. The thing is: I'm not going to let that happen! Hopefully next week will turn out better! I'm gonna trust God with it all the way!

You know? Sometimes it feels like my life is a soap opera. I mean, it doesn't have any extreme drama, but it sure does have so many unexpected twists that I'm sure soap opera addicts would get hooked to my show instantly! I guess it's all part of the "fun" though. It keeps life interesting that's for sure! Lots of new things unfolding; can't wait to see the entire picture in the end!

No comments:

Post a Comment