January 29, 2011

Make HIM Your Life, Not Part of It

   So many thoughts are surrounding my head lately. I can't entirely grasp what God is doing. He's been in the work the past few days, but I don't know what He's up to yet. One thing I notice in my relationship with God is this: I never really see how everything turns out and what God is doing until I look back. I mean really, do I understand how everything is working together in the moment? Not at all! Until I see the "finished product" (meaning the outcome of things), only then does everything make a little more sense than before.

   Right now I'm trying to balance my priorities in life, namely: Jesus, others, myself (That's a good definition of true JOY: Jesus, Others, Yourself). It's quite tough because at times, Jesus starts to slip from the top of the list to like number 2, and number 2 becomes number 1. And that's not how I want it to go. I've learned the hard way where that leads. Although, I had a new concept introduced to me recently. I believe it was David Platt who said that our lives shouldn't be consisted of a priority list with Jesus first and everything following after that; Jesus should be our everything, encompassing every aspect and person in our lives. He shouldn't be placed on the same list as our friends, family, gifts, etc. It shrinks Him actually. So now, what I want to work on is making Christ my all in every part of my life. In fact, He shouldn't be a "piece of the pie" in our lives, but the pie itself! It's tough, but I know it's worth it in the end! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment